Integrated Naval Architecture Software
for all Types of Vessels
Island Computer Systems Ltd are an Authorised Bentley Gold Channel Partner -
The MAXSURF Structure module provides initial definition of structural parts including hull/shell plates, stringers, transverse frames, decks and longitudinal structure for all types of MAXSURF designs. Since release 21.10 Structure has been incorporated into Modeler.
Structural Definition and Plate Development
The Structure structural module is used to define the location of parts on the vessel, generate part geometry and define parts which can be passed to other CAD systems for further detailing. Structure provides you with a range of interactive graphical tools, which are used to parametrically define parts directly from the MAXSURF NURB surface model.
Structure's parametric part definition means that not only do parts match directly to the hull surface, they will also automatically adapt to any change in the hull definition. This allows more concurrent engineering, with design, analysis and construction detailing proceeding in parallel. This increases scope for weight optimisation and results in time savings in the detailing process.
An integrated parts list within Structure progressively contains all the parts you define and calculate. Quantities, areas, weights, centres of gravity and cutting lengths are calculated and tabulated. The parts database can be sorted by any criteria and each part can be renamed to suit your part naming conventions. All parts can be also be exported to spreadsheets or databases.
Structure has particularly comprehensive functions for laying out stringers, or longitudinal stiffeners, on the hull surface. Stringers can be automatically aligned with particular contours, set to a specified girth spacing, or duplicated in groups on the hull. Girth positions and stringer manipulation work equally well for monohull or multi-
Both developable and doubly curved plates can be defined and expanded using Structure. A range of development methods are provided and the Part window also lets you display plate forming information. Girth differences, a colour map of in-
The wide range of part creation, definition and display options within Structure make it an ideal tool for preliminary layout of structure and plating. From the initial "point and click" definition of parts, through to the three dimensional shaded views of the complete structural model, Structure provides everything you need to quickly and accurately develop the major structure for your vessels. Structure is also available in a limited Structure/P version which contains just the plate development capabilities.
• Longitudinal and stringer generation
• Automated girth spacing
• Perpendicular or twisted stringers
• Transverse frame generation
• Unlimited frame openings
• Automatic cutout insertion
• Cutout and materials database
• Plate definition and development
• Shell expansion
• Developed contour locations
• Interactive part creation
• Editable part tables
• 3D model rendering
• Plate strain display
• Parts database
• DXF and IGES export, copy and paste to Excel
• Export to ShipConstructor
• Parametric model instantly responds to design changes
• Point and click interface lets you define parts quickly and accurately
• Integrated parts database produces accurate construction information
• Visualise construction using a complete 3D rendered model
• Automated stringer layout lets you optimise structural weight
• Rapidly generate large numbers of frames and decks by sharing and re-
• Estimate structural weight and materials cost using integrated Bill of Materials
• Integrates with any downstream CAD system via industry standard IGES and DXF files